A criminal charge of Impaired Driving carries very serious consequences. If you are convicted of impaired driving, you can expect the following:
- You must attend Criminal Court, often several times.
- You will receive a minimum $1000 fine.
- You will receive a minimum one-year Driving Prohibition on your first offence.
- You will receive a three-year driving prohibition and 30 days in jail for your second offence.
- You will receive a minimum three months in jail and an Indefinite Driving Prohibition for your third offence.
- You will be required to take the Responsible Driver Program (RDP), which consists of 8 to 16 hours of classroom time and costs approximately $1000.
- You will be required to participate in the Ignition Interlock Program, which involves having the device installed in your vehicle at a cost of approximately $2000 dollars for the year.
- If there is an accident, you will have no insurance and you will have to pay for all damage and injuries caused.
- You will receive 10 penalty points.
- You will receive other financial penalties such as the Penalty Points Premium and the Driver Risk Premium (see above).
We have successfully defended thousands of people charged with Impaired Driving. If you are charged with Impaired Driving, call us today for a free consultation.